Monday, July 26, 2010

Cinnamon Pickles


This month I had my first official canning experience. I really wanted to try canning cinnamon pickles ever since my Aunt Sue shared a jar she made last year. The process took a total of 4 days, but it was worth doing. I didn't post the recipe, but I thought it would be fun to share the experience.


Separating the pickles from the syrup.

Heating the jars in the oven.

Heating the syrup, jar lids, and rings.

I turned the jars upside down to cool and help seal the lids.

The beautiful, finished product.

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of Cinamon Pickles, I would love to try some! How did you can them? Did you use a pressure cooker? I loved canning when I did it, I need to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you when I did them. We should try something out together! I will email you two similar recipes and give you a jar to sample.

    ReplyDelete